Emvergeoning, the SA-based blog of everything art has a long, nitpicky discussion of an apparently forged Sex-pistols flyer, purportedly promoting the Pistol’s 1978 San Antonio gig at Randy’s Rodeo. Using computer-aided forensic analysis, punk rock historians debate whether the 8×8" Xeroxed flyer is worth the estimated $2000-$3000 it might bring at an upcoming Christies popular culture auction.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015