The Dallas Museum of Art has appointed Jeffrey Grove as its new senior curator of contemporary art. Grove is currently the curator of modern and contemporary art at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, where he organized After 1968: Contemporary Artists and the Civil Rights Legacy (2008-2009) and Morris Louis Now: An American Master Revisited (2006-2007). He will join the DMA in September 2009. “Jeffrey has a terrific sensibility of the vital role that contemporary art plays in museums like the DMA, which embrace many different cultures and periods in their collections and programming,” said DMA director Bonnie Pitman.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015