According to El Paso City officials, Rosy Buenning, a former employee of the El Paso Museum of Art, allegedly embezzled more than $100,000 from the Museum of Art Foundation and between $10,000 and $25,000 from the city museum itself. El Paso City Manager Joyce Wilson said Buenning has admitted that she was stealing money from the private foundation and the city for more than two years, and was allowed to resign on January 20 rather than be fired. An arrest is impending.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015