We cling to the bottom edge of a continent that is dissolving like toilet tissue into the Gulf of Mexico, with seasonal flushes by the likes of Ike and Katrina. What better place for a fringe festival! There's a kickoff party for the Houston Fringe Festival from 8-10 pm TONIGHT at Bering & James Gallery with Real Ale, BooTown, and Sew What. It's the beginning of an amazing weekend of brand-spankin’-new theatre, film, performance art, music, and whatever else, produced and performed by some of the coolest people on the Houston arts scene: Mildred’s Umbrella Theater Company, Bobbindoctrin Puppet Theatre, Melusine Theatre, Six of One Productions, Brazosport Lazer Panthers, among others. $7 for a 2 hour pass, $55 all weekend. Too many events to list here!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015