In an unusual announcement, HAA is now touting its maintenance program! According to a recent email, Synchronicity of Color, Margo Sawyer’s big block structure at Discovery Green park in Houston "receives a considerable amount of public interaction" from visitors. In its first year the work has been climbed, kicked, scratched, rained on, and has deflected soft and hard balls and some of the colored panels began to crack and peel. Sawyer returned to remedy the problem in April 2009. They go on to pat themselves on to remind us that "part of HAA’s work in civic art is to get the best art possible and work with the artist to ensure the artwork is built to last."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015