In the spirit of the rent party, the benefit concert, a new social event, "Sunday Soup" is a community meal that functions as a grant funding process. On April 5 at Houston’s SKYDIVE, you pay $5, eat some soup, and vote for your favorite proposal; the winning art idea takes all. Organized by Nancy Zastudil, will incude the Chicago-based collective InCUBATE and guest chef Randall Szott, "the only cook in the merchant marine with an MA in Interdisciplinary Art". One-page proposals from Houston artists are due April 2.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015