From Jeanette Degollado’s super sexy torso shots to Trash and Garnish’s American Apparel-style photos (now with extra trashiness!) to Stephanie Toppin’s collages (chopped and screwed, you might say), there was a lot of variety on the photography front, and it was all likely to give a gynophile a funny feeling inside. (And don’t get me started on the placement of La Sabre’s burger photos next to Degollado’s shots of tits with tennis racquets, which got all kinds of motors running.)
Was the show groundbreaking or cutting edge or anything like that? Nah. But it definitely was hot.
also by Roy Neinast
- Daniel Dove at Cherry and Martin - February 13th, 2010
- Serial Killers and Stoners: 10 Facts about Austin’s Moonlight Towers - December 12th, 2009
- Quite the Scene Upstairs at Lawndale - November 26th, 2009
- A Treasury of iPhone Photos from East Austin Studio Tour - November 22nd, 2009
- Celebrating Halloween with 15 Macabre Artists - October 29th, 2009