The good folks at Swamplot have tracked down what the new and improved Menil Collection might look like.
“David Chipperfield’s proposal for the museum includes the addition of galleries, a drawing institute, an auditorium, café, bookshop and archives,” according to these people.
I feel like I should bemoan the lack of bungalows in the drawing. Seems to be the thing to do. But I’ve got to admit I’m just psyched about the expansion of one of my favorite places in town.
also by Roy Neinast
- Daniel Dove at Cherry and Martin - February 13th, 2010
- Serial Killers and Stoners: 10 Facts about Austin’s Moonlight Towers - December 12th, 2009
- Quite the Scene Upstairs at Lawndale - November 26th, 2009
- A Treasury of iPhone Photos from East Austin Studio Tour - November 22nd, 2009
- Celebrating Halloween with 15 Macabre Artists - October 29th, 2009