On January 24 and 25th, 70-year-old potter Albert Goldreich of Sugar Land will attempt to break the record of 17 hours straight at the potter’s wheel, a record he himself set. Goldreich will begin throwing at 9am Saturday at Houston’s 18 Hands Gallery on 19th St. and is expected to stop sometime Sunday afternoon, when his hands fall off from terminal chapping. The umpteen bowls Goldreich plans to throw will be donated to Empty Bowls of Houston to help raise money for the Houston Food Bank.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015