The financial crisis has caught up with the white hot art market. Doomy echoes from the Frieze Art Fair, disappointing auction results everywhere. Sotheby’s stock is off 72.6 percent this year. I declare this day, October 19, 2008 the end of the artworld as we knew (and loathed) it. The real question is: how did Hirst know?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015