In case you missed them at Domy in Austin last month, experimental musicians Paul Winstanley and the Nameless sound ensemble (a remix of some participants in the David Dove Duo) are gigging at the Art League of Houston on Sunday, October 12 from 7-9 pm. It’s $10, but people 18 and younger are free, either because they’ve got less money, or to discourage the sea of gray hairs typical at arrhythmic music events. In any case, Paul Winstanley, a.k.a. Paul Guilford, will perform on electric bass and electronics, and will be accompanied by Chris Cogburn (percussion), David Dove (trombone), Ryan Edwards (guitar, voice), Sandy Ewen (guitar), Sonia Flores (bass, voice), Lucas Gorham (guitar, lap steel, electronics) and Jason Jackson (saxophones).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015