Britt from the Chron gets down with Tracye Wear;
Q: Why did you title the show Palimpsest?
A: The denotation is a scraping-away of images, and when you work in
encaustic, you can see very deep into the wax — many, many layers — layered
stories about the home, about what goes on in the home, perhaps the troubles in
the home. There’s a lot of snakes, and there’s a lot of broken homes.
Then he goes on a vidspree!
also by Sean Carroll
- Top Ten Old Things Its Good To Have Around 2008 - December 31st, 2008
- Top Ten New Things of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Losses of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Sculptures, Intallations and Giveaways in 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Paintings, Drawings and Performances in 2008 - December 26th, 2008