Professor Bryan Carter specializes in African American literature. He is also the creator of Virtual Harlem and Virtual Montmartre, reconstructions of New York and Paris during the 1920s and 1930s, which he uses to directly immerse students in the historical context of the literature of the period through podcasting, desktop videoconferencing, blogging and Second Life. The Texas Learning and Computation Center brings Dr. Carter to bring the Jazz age to life on Friday October 3 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm at the University of Houston’s Phillip Hoffman Hall, Room 232.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015