There’s a new bookstore/cafe/artspace in Juraez, blogs David Sokolec in Border Art Dialog: "S and L (Sol y luna) is designed as a bookstore, art space, cafe and performance place. The owners have been slowly renovating the eight level building, and have completed two floors. At the moment there is a comfortable cafe on the first floor along with walls for art, a wide variety of books for sale on both the first and second floor, putamayo and other cd’s for sale and finally a place that plays good music. Not for those with a fear of heights, the staircase is a bit vertiginous winding its way up the the eight floors, but it has great potential, and the owners hope to build it slowly into something of a center for all different types of art." Located across from the museum of art, the cafe is open from 8-8 everyday but Sunday, when it opens at 10.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015