After an 11-year run, Cinematexas International Shorts Film Festival will have one last hurrah at Houston’s Aurora Picture Show this weekend. On Friday, Aurora will present a compilation of works from some of the festival’s alumni and spike the affair with a little danger by screening work from the incomparable Laz Rojas. On Saturday afternoon, one of the last remianing board members, Spencer Parsons, will screen selections from his collaborative project entitled The Living Whale: A Marathon Misreading of Moby Dick with shorts from several filmmakers each commissioned to tackle chapters from the classic Moby Dick.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015