Last Friday the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s CORE program celebrated its 25th anniversary at the Glassell School’s annual benefit gala. Current Core artist Mequitta Ahuja was named the first recipient of the inaugural Meredith J. Long Core Program Award, a $10,000 prize that will be given annually to a second-year Core Fellow in recognition of exceptional artistic merit. In addition, a gift of $250,000 from Brad and Leslie Bucher to permanently fund the $10,000 annual stipend for one Core resident each year, to be known as the Leslie Bucher Core Fellow.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015