Easter’s over. This is your LAST CHANCE to make pysanky, Ukrainian Easter eggs, with Houston artist Nestor Topchy. Avantgarden Sunday, April 13th and 20th, from 4-7pm. The workshop costs $45, but includes eggs, drinks, and zakuski and besides, "an ancient legend states that the looseness of an all-destroying monster’s chain is commencesurate with the amount of pysanky made in the world; the world will remain safe as long as pysanky are made in abundance," according to the press release.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015