Luminaria: Arts night in San Antonio promises a multimedia art blitz on Saturday night, March 15. The downtown celebration will be from 6 pm to midnight with stages, gallery exhibitions along Alamo Plaza and Houston Street. Downtown’s historic Peacock Alley will be transformed into a vibrant interactive "urban arts crevice"? by artists Charles Harrison Pompa, Luis "Chispas" Guerrero, Dwayne Bohystav, and David Biancas. Jesse Treviño will unveil his new painting, "Mexicano Chicano Americano – Removing the Hyphen". According to the press release, the "artist-driven" event was "founded by Mayor Phil Hardberger, and has been organized by arts leaders, the City of San Antonio’s Office of Cultural Affairs, San Antonio Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, theFund, and generous community sponsors. The event is presented by Bank of America in partnership with AT&T, Ford and others.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015