Blaffer Gallery, the Art Museum of the University of Houston, turns 35 in March. The party’s on Thursday, March 13 at 7 p.m. with live music by the 11th Street Cleaners and FREE FOOD AND BEER from Armando’s, Amy’s Ice Cream and St. Arnold Brewery. Drop by to say goodbye to Terrie Sultan, the departing director. In case you didn’t know, in its 35-year history, Blaffer Gallery has had 296 exhibitions, produced 119 publications, increased its budget from $212,000 to $2.3 million and, been visited by over a half million people. Did I say FREE FOOD AND BEER?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015