Judging from attendance figures released on December 19, last year was the best ever for the Dallas Museum of Art. Out of a total of 641,000 visitors, 130,000 saw Van Gogh’s Sheaves of Wheat and Fast Forward : Contemporary Collections for the Dallas Museum of Art . Runners up included Matisse: Painter as Sculptor , the first exhibition partnership between the DMA and the Nasher Sculpture Center , with 76,045 visitors and From the Ashes of Vesuvius, with nearly 60,000.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015