Aurora Picture Show, famed microcinema in Houston’s Sunset Heights is looking for a new home, but not a new building. They plan to take their beloved church-cum-theater on the road, moving it, whole, to a more easily accessible site somewhere in Montrose or the Museum District. "You really have to be comitted to make the trek," says Aurora founder Andrea Grover. "We’ll do something at Domy or at the Menil and we’ll get two to three times the attendance. It kills me when we do a show that would have had twice the attendance in the Montrose area and I’m trying to explain to a filmmaker that traveled 600 miles that it’s not them." "Our top choice is to relocate the building," says Grover. "We’ve already got a quote from Cherry House Moving." Anybody got 15,000 square feet of prime real estate to spare?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015