For a couple of months, the scuttlebutt's been that Austin's Volitant Gallery was closing, and now it's official: their current show, Femme Fantastique, will be their last at their Congress Avenue location. Their plan is to begin looking for another location after they close shop, and re-open in 6 months…but the energy may peter out before then. We're sorry to see them go. Many in Austin mocked their white marble floor and slick marketing, but they did some darned good shows.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017