London's National Gallery has for the first time loaned the early Velazquez painting Immaculate Conception (c. 1618) to the Meadows Museum in Dallas. It's on view through May 31, so hustle on up there to see this stunner (a trade for the Meadows' own Sybil with Tabula Rasa, c. 1648, which was included in the big Velazquez retrospective at the National Gallery last winter). Nice little trade for the Meadows!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017