Much has been made of the Latin American art efforts at the MFAH and Blanton, but equally strong is Asian art in TX (and we’re not talkingcontemporary Chinese). Last year the San Antonio Museum of Art opened a fantastic new wing for their outstanding collection, currently under the leadership of dynamic curator Martha Blackwelder; the Kimbell has somereal gems, including a recently-acquired Japanese mask and someChinese scrolls that have to be seen in person; and the MFAH itself is launching a Korean art initiative to begin in ’08. This is all in addition to Dallas’ Crow Collection and the Price Gallery in Amarillo.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017