Much has been made of the Latin American art efforts at the MFAH and Blanton, but equally strong is Asian art in TX (and we’re not talkingcontemporary Chinese). Last year the San Antonio Museum of Art opened a fantastic new wing for their outstanding collection, currently under the leadership of dynamic curator Martha Blackwelder; the Kimbell has somereal gems, including a recently-acquired Japanese mask and someChinese scrolls that have to be seen in person; and the MFAH itself is launching a Korean art initiative to begin in ’08. This is all in addition to Dallas’ Crow Collection and the Price Gallery in Amarillo.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017