Robert K. Hoffman, the Dallas businessman, philanthropist, co-founder of National Lampoon magazine as a Harvard undergrad in the 70s and owner of one of the the most respected collections of art in Texas, died of leukemia on Sunday, August 20. Last year he and his wifeMarguerite gave 224 contemporaryartworks valued at $150 million to the DMA. An enormous loss for Dallas and for all of Texas. Read his entire obit in the Dallas Morning News.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017