Robert K. Hoffman, the Dallas businessman, philanthropist, co-founder of National Lampoon magazine as a Harvard undergrad in the 70s and owner of one of the the most respected collections of art in Texas, died of leukemia on Sunday, August 20. Last year he and his wifeMarguerite gave 224 contemporaryartworks valued at $150 million to the DMA. An enormous loss for Dallas and for all of Texas. Read his entire obit in the Dallas Morning News.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017