So we were a little grossed out and annoyed by the Scion-y sounding “Beats of Basquiat” music events at the MFAH, sponsored by Starbucks. (Youngsters who swallow all this garbagey marketing directed at them must either be braindead or have completely suspended their disbelief.) That said, we relinquish our skepticism for the big finale this Saturday, Feb. 11, featuring none other than Grand Master Flash!!! Yowza!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017