Everyone likes Austin because it’s pretty and they care about the environment(you don’t see parking lot acreagewithout trees there). So we were unsurprised, albeitpained, to hear about The Green Gates. Based on Christo’s Gates andsponsored by Whole Foods, this public art project will feature 100 individually-designed gates on the theme of environmental awareness. “‘What makes this so exciting is that it is the perfect cultural fit for Austin,’ says Cathy Cochran-Lewis of Whole Foods.” Well yes, but there actually is some good art to be found there as well.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010