Everyone likes Austin because it’s pretty and they care about the environment(you don’t see parking lot acreagewithout trees there). So we were unsurprised, albeitpained, to hear about The Green Gates. Based on Christo’s Gates andsponsored by Whole Foods, this public art project will feature 100 individually-designed gates on the theme of environmental awareness. “‘What makes this so exciting is that it is the perfect cultural fit for Austin,’ says Cathy Cochran-Lewis of Whole Foods.” Well yes, but there actually is some good art to be found there as well.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017