Everyone likes Austin because it’s pretty and they care about the environment(you don’t see parking lot acreagewithout trees there). So we were unsurprised, albeitpained, to hear about The Green Gates. Based on Christo’s Gates andsponsored by Whole Foods, this public art project will feature 100 individually-designed gates on the theme of environmental awareness. “‘What makes this so exciting is that it is the perfect cultural fit for Austin,’ says Cathy Cochran-Lewis of Whole Foods.” Well yes, but there actually is some good art to be found there as well.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017