Everyone likes Austin because it’s pretty and they care about the environment(you don’t see parking lot acreagewithout trees there). So we were unsurprised, albeitpained, to hear about The Green Gates. Based on Christo’s Gates andsponsored by Whole Foods, this public art project will feature 100 individually-designed gates on the theme of environmental awareness. “‘What makes this so exciting is that it is the perfect cultural fit for Austin,’ says Cathy Cochran-Lewis of Whole Foods.” Well yes, but there actually is some good art to be found there as well.
also by Rainey Knudson
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016