The Unicode Consortium has unveiled its candidates for the next round of available universal Emoji (Emoji 5.0). It’ll be a couple of months before we learn which ones make the cut, but both New York Magazine and Gizmodo have some rankings and preferences. A representative for Glasstire, for the record, likes the hedgehog the best, followed by the T-Rex, followed closely by the flying saucer, then maybe the merman, and the sandwich.
And this one is simply long overdue:
also by Glasstire
- Proof: Arts Organizations are Crucial to the US Economy - June 23rd, 2017
- This and That: Lisa Shoyer / Magdalena Fernández - June 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017
- Solange Knowles Is Coming to Marfa - June 21st, 2017