Glasstire is 15 years old!
We’re the oldest online-only art magazine in the country, and we’re celebrating our anniversary with a special week of programming! Stay tuned for something new every day, including our countdown of the Top 10 artists in Texas; a history of the site by Rainey Knudson; a Rap Genius annotated version of the first article that ever appeared on Glasstire; and more! We’re capping the week with a party at Notsuoh in Houston on Saturday, October 29 at 6pm. Join us!
We’re also raising funds this week to support the work that we do. Glasstire is a non-profit organization. Do you know that Glasstire is the largest employer of arts writers in Texas? Help us reach our goal this week of raising $15,000 for our 15th anniversary. If you read Glasstire, we could sure use your support. Any amount is welcomed!
But don’t take it from us: here’s the artist Julie Speed out in Marfa to tell you to help Glasstire continue writing about art in Texas.
also by Glasstire
- Help Set World Record For Most People Dressed Like Frida Kahlo - June 24th, 2017
- Proof: Arts Organizations are Crucial to the US Economy - June 23rd, 2017
- This and That: Lisa Shoyer / Magdalena Fernández - June 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017