Glasstire is 15 years old!
We’re the oldest online-only art magazine in the country, and we’re celebrating our anniversary with a special week of programming! Stay tuned for something new every day, including our countdown of the Top 10 artists in Texas; a history of the site by Rainey Knudson; a Rap Genius annotated version of the first article that ever appeared on Glasstire; and more! We’re capping the week with a party at Notsuoh in Houston on Saturday, October 29 at 6pm. Join us!
We’re also raising funds this week to support the work that we do. Glasstire is a non-profit organization. Do you know that Glasstire is the largest employer of arts writers in Texas? Help us reach our goal this week of raising $15,000 for our 15th anniversary. If you read Glasstire, we could sure use your support. Any amount is welcomed!
But don’t take it from us: here’s the artist Julie Speed out in Marfa to tell you to help Glasstire continue writing about art in Texas.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017