It seems that there was a bit of media intervention during the first and second Presidential debates. A number of viewers reported that, when they paused their televisions, they saw advertising banners for fictional candidates from movies. The online chatter settled on a TiVo hacker as the likely culprit.
“Re-Elect President Muffley—He’ll Keep the Fighting out of the War Room” refers to the President from the film Dr. Strangelove. “Tracy Flick for President: Sign up for Tomorrow Today!” refers to the character in Election. The Hunger Games is represented with “Re-Elect President Snow—He Volunteers as Tribute.” And, of course, Idiocracy gets “Camacho for President—BRAWNDO—He Knows What Plants Crave! ELECTROLYTES!”
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016
- Cats, Cats, and More Cat Statues! - October 7th, 2016