It seems that there was a bit of media intervention during the first and second Presidential debates. A number of viewers reported that, when they paused their televisions, they saw advertising banners for fictional candidates from movies. The online chatter settled on a TiVo hacker as the likely culprit.
“Re-Elect President Muffley—He’ll Keep the Fighting out of the War Room” refers to the President from the film Dr. Strangelove. “Tracy Flick for President: Sign up for Tomorrow Today!” refers to the character in Election. The Hunger Games is represented with “Re-Elect President Snow—He Volunteers as Tribute.” And, of course, Idiocracy gets “Camacho for President—BRAWNDO—He Knows What Plants Crave! ELECTROLYTES!”
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017