The Sustainable Arts Foundation is offering awards of up to $6,000 to writers and artists with children. The money can be used for costs such as childcare, workspaces, new equipment, research and travel, reports aerogrammestudio.com (a website for writers). To be eligible, the applicant must have at least one child under the age of 18.
Moreover, after five years of grantmaking, the Foundation has decided that at least half of its awards will go to applicants of color, stating on its website:
We have been motivated in part by the leadership of Grantmakers in the Arts and their compelling 2015 statement, “Racial Equity in Arts Philanthropy.” We are also disheartened by recent current events showing that despite progress, our country still suffers from persistent structural racism.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017