The Sustainable Arts Foundation is offering awards of up to $6,000 to writers and artists with children. The money can be used for costs such as childcare, workspaces, new equipment, research and travel, reports aerogrammestudio.com (a website for writers). To be eligible, the applicant must have at least one child under the age of 18.
Moreover, after five years of grantmaking, the Foundation has decided that at least half of its awards will go to applicants of color, stating on its website:
We have been motivated in part by the leadership of Grantmakers in the Arts and their compelling 2015 statement, “Racial Equity in Arts Philanthropy.” We are also disheartened by recent current events showing that despite progress, our country still suffers from persistent structural racism.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017