Tonight (July 14), there’s an opening reception at the Houston Community College Gallery called “Cat/People 2016,” an exhibition of works by McAllen-based artist Carl Vestweber. The show is composed of collages (example above) combining images from Cat Fancy magazine and People Magazine. The exhibition runs through August 14.
On July 20-24, the 39th annual Houston World Series of Dog Shows will take place at NRG Park. If the brilliant performance art of a mere dog show is not enough, the Dr. Mari Jon Filla Student Art Exhibit will also display dog-inspired works created by Houston-area K-12 students. Additionally, the C.A.P. (Citizens for Animal Protection) Designer Doghouse Competition will showcase some ingenious transformations of the canine’s humble abode.
also by Paula Newton
- Non-Graffiti-Looking Graffiti Doesn’t Get Painted Over - January 24th, 2017
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017