The Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts will offer a free clinic in Houston on June 30 for Texas-based artists and arts-related non-profits; people can meet one-on-one with volunteer legal professionals who can answer their questions “related to the creative sector.” TALA continues, “Musicians, artists, and representatives of arts nonprofit organizations will be provided up to 30 minutes consultation… . This legal clinic will give participants the opportunity to gain valuable advice on music and art-related issues.”
Note: the clinic is free to artists who make less than $50K annual income, and non-profits with annual gross revenue less than $200K (and less than $500K in total assets).
You have to register to get your spot. Do that here.
The clinic takes place on Tuesday, June 30, from 6:30-8:30 pm at Fresh Arts, 2101 Winter St., Studio 11, Houston, TX 77007
For more info go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016