The Nasher Sculpture Center has announced its Nasher Sculpture Center Artist Microgrants program, which will distribute small-sum grants to North Texas artists. Twice a year a jury chosen by the Nasher will pick artist recipients, who will be eligible for grants ranging from $250-$1000 for the purpose of supporting their projects and practices.
Via the Nasher: “The microgrants aim to champion artistic excellence and encourage innovation, collaboration and engagement within the local visual art community. In addition, by bringing in jurors from the international and regional art communities to meet the grant recipients and discuss their work, Nasher Artist Microgrants will help bridge the gap between the North Texas art scene and the world.”
The deadline for the first round is April 3, with the grant recipients to be announced May 1. The program’s first jurors are: “Dallas artists Frances Bagley, Annette Lawrence, and John Pomara and the Chicago-based artist Tony Tasset, as well as Nasher Assistant Curator Leigh Arnold and Nasher Curator of Education Anna Smith.”
For more info on the program, eligibility (the program pertains to artists in counties in North Texas) and the application, please go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017