Along with more grants, more galleries, and more artists, Peter Simek’s wish list for the Dallas art scene‘s new year in D Magazine included a couple surprises: he mentioned the continuation of UTD’s intellectual investments in Rick Brettell and the Edith O’Donnell Art Institute, and the French Sculpture Census, a database of every sculpture, 1500-1960, by French artists in US public collections.
On the downside, Simek hoped that “more artists will realize music is more fun than art.”
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015