On Saturday, May 11, The McKinney Avenue Contemporary is holding a night of Middle Eastern music, food and film around the last screening of artist Wael Shawky’s Cabaret Crusades: Horror Show File and Cabaret Crusades: The Path to Cairo. The Egyptian artist retells the story of the crusades with marionettes.
Acclaimed Hand Drummer Jamal Mohamed joins clarinetist Jonathan Jones for ancient rhythms and futuristic improvisations from 6-7pm, the screenings from 7-8:30pm, with discussion afterwards with Heather Hunt, Medieval Studies and Arabic language specialist from 8:30-9:00pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015