Like light rail, another big , sounds-good idea that isn’t worth it, Houston Art Alliance’s project to bring Blue Trees to Houston is going forward with a similar well-intentioned inevitablity. Australian artist Konstantin Dimopoulos will arrive next month to create the temporary public art installations at two sites, coloring trees with biologically-safe, water based ultramarine mineral pigments with the help of hundreds of volunteers. Last August, a reception to meet the artist was attended by a roster of Hermann park VIPS and public art mavens, assuring the project would go forward despite little public support: the project has raised only 1% of its $10,000 goal on HAA’s Power2Give website.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015