At 5:30 pm at the October 11 City council meeting, Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell will proclaim October “Austin Creates!” month. The proclamation will be accepted by Cultural Arts Program Manager Megan Crigger. Members of the creative sector are invited to come and share in the recognition at Austin City Hall. The proclamation comes in conjunction with the national Arts and Humanities Month, and more specifically, with the publication of the American For the Arts Study that estimated the economic footprint of Austin’s arts, culture, and creative industries at $4.35 billion.
In related news, The City of Austin is offering sponsorship opportunities for its annual Austin’s New Year celebration. Sponsorship packages are available at a variety of levels for this year’s event on December 31, 2012 at Auditorium Shores and the adjacent areas.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015