Catherine Couturier, for eight years gallery manager and director of John Cleary Gallery in Houston before Cleary’s death in 2008, has taken over the reins of the prominent photography gallery; changing the name and the website, but retaining the photographic focus. Couturier plans to “to embrace both that which John Cleary and I loved (mid-century French street photography and portraits of children, to name two) and more contemporary art that was always my area of expertise.” The new gallery launched on September 8 with an exhibition of the work of Vivian Maier and is represented at the Houston Fine Art Fair under it’s new name.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015