Catherine Couturier, for eight years gallery manager and director of John Cleary Gallery in Houston before Cleary’s death in 2008, has taken over the reins of the prominent photography gallery; changing the name and the website, but retaining the photographic focus. Couturier plans to “to embrace both that which John Cleary and I loved (mid-century French street photography and portraits of children, to name two) and more contemporary art that was always my area of expertise.” The new gallery launched on September 8 with an exhibition of the work of Vivian Maier and is represented at the Houston Fine Art Fair under it’s new name.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015