The El Paso public art program’s veil closet is bulging: another unveling is scheduled for January 12 for Ocotillo by Brooklyn-based Howard Kalish, a “sculptural interpretation,” or a “foliage homage” to the familiar desert plant. 14 feet tall, the impressive fake shrub occupies the traffic circle at the intersection of Joe Battle Blvd. and Pebble Hills Blvd. off of Texas State Highway Loop 375.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015