The El Paso public art program’s veil closet is bulging: another unveling is scheduled for January 12 for Ocotillo by Brooklyn-based Howard Kalish, a “sculptural interpretation,” or a “foliage homage” to the familiar desert plant. 14 feet tall, the impressive fake shrub occupies the traffic circle at the intersection of Joe Battle Blvd. and Pebble Hills Blvd. off of Texas State Highway Loop 375.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015