The first meeting to organize Countercrawl, an alternative warehouse art event in Houston, is brewing, and it’s a potluck. Prospective countercrawlers will assemble at the Houston Foundry on Saturday May 14th at 2pm. Judging by the invitation, the organizers are, well, organized: “Bring food, preferably vegan. Drinks if you want, but let’s not let this turn into too much of a party, because we have a lot of work ahead of us, and we need to organize this thing ASAP. Bringing a planner, paper, pens, etc for note taking couldn’t hurt either. . . It’s gonna be funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!1!11jnhcdsjncjnjscnncnncnwiodk 239 k!!!” A planner? What’s the Texas art world coming to?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015