Glasstire readers may or may not be familiar with my spectacular photography skills. The artist Angela Kallus and I have been road-tripping through the Southwest since last week (she’s ace with a camera, too) and I’d thought I’d share a few of our highlights with you all.
We spent our first and second days in beautiful Santa Fe, catching up with friends, looking at art, and seeing Meow Wolf:
Then we drove through Monument Valley:
And my favorite, Zion National Park:
We landed in Vegas, and loved our old casino hotel, and attended a friend’s wedding.
We had dinner with a pal at the Bellagio and sat on the patio overlooking the water. That big dancing fountain! Wow!:
We saw public sculpture by Tim Bavington at the Smith Center…
And we drove out to Michael Heizer’s Double Negative:
We saw some of Sean’s new work in a show at UNLV:
Today we visited the Grand Canyon (at sunset no less!):
We still have three days to go. Walter De Maria’s Lightning Field is tomorrow, but you know they don’t let you take pictures out there.
also by Christina Rees
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017
- Juan Mora: Culture Clash - August 1st, 2017
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017