A Chinese man was upset after photos were taken of him at a neighborhood square dance. So, of course, he tried to destroy the internet before the pictures leaked:
According to several major Chinese news sites, a man in Weifang became upset after photos were taken of him square dancing, an activity often enjoyed by older women. The man, however, noticed people taking his photo and felt he was being mocked.
Concerned about possible online humiliation, it seems, the man allegedly dismantled the local optical networks—you know, the actual physical internet, but not the whole internet. He has since been arrested for causing 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) in damage.
For more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017