A Chinese man was upset after photos were taken of him at a neighborhood square dance. So, of course, he tried to destroy the internet before the pictures leaked:
According to several major Chinese news sites, a man in Weifang became upset after photos were taken of him square dancing, an activity often enjoyed by older women. The man, however, noticed people taking his photo and felt he was being mocked.
Concerned about possible online humiliation, it seems, the man allegedly dismantled the local optical networks—you know, the actual physical internet, but not the whole internet. He has since been arrested for causing 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) in damage.
For more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016
- MFAH Announces New Curatorial Fellows - November 30th, 2016