A Chinese man was upset after photos were taken of him at a neighborhood square dance. So, of course, he tried to destroy the internet before the pictures leaked:
According to several major Chinese news sites, a man in Weifang became upset after photos were taken of him square dancing, an activity often enjoyed by older women. The man, however, noticed people taking his photo and felt he was being mocked.
Concerned about possible online humiliation, it seems, the man allegedly dismantled the local optical networks—you know, the actual physical internet, but not the whole internet. He has since been arrested for causing 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) in damage.
For more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017