A Chinese man was upset after photos were taken of him at a neighborhood square dance. So, of course, he tried to destroy the internet before the pictures leaked:
According to several major Chinese news sites, a man in Weifang became upset after photos were taken of him square dancing, an activity often enjoyed by older women. The man, however, noticed people taking his photo and felt he was being mocked.
Concerned about possible online humiliation, it seems, the man allegedly dismantled the local optical networks—you know, the actual physical internet, but not the whole internet. He has since been arrested for causing 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) in damage.
For more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017