A Chinese man was upset after photos were taken of him at a neighborhood square dance. So, of course, he tried to destroy the internet before the pictures leaked:
According to several major Chinese news sites, a man in Weifang became upset after photos were taken of him square dancing, an activity often enjoyed by older women. The man, however, noticed people taking his photo and felt he was being mocked.
Concerned about possible online humiliation, it seems, the man allegedly dismantled the local optical networks—you know, the actual physical internet, but not the whole internet. He has since been arrested for causing 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) in damage.
For more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Theaster Gates Named 2018 Nasher Prize Winner - September 19th, 2017
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017