According to Eater Houston, there will soon be a new gallery in town. Why is Eater reporting on this? Because it will also be a café. And an art school.
The café/gallery/art school is expected to open in the fall, but Lulu Lin has run into some unexpected construction costs and have set up a Kickstarter campaign, which states:
We believe great art and great food should be accessible to everyone, so all of our food and drinks are made with natural ingredients and priced under $10. We will be featuring art by local artists and most of it will be priced under $40. In addition to teaching weekly art classes, there will also be a lot of free events like live painting demos, doodle dates, and weekly artist meet-ups.
If you can’t afford the art, Honey Art Café is currently accepting applications.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017