According to Eater Houston, there will soon be a new gallery in town. Why is Eater reporting on this? Because it will also be a café. And an art school.
The café/gallery/art school is expected to open in the fall, but Lulu Lin has run into some unexpected construction costs and have set up a Kickstarter campaign, which states:
We believe great art and great food should be accessible to everyone, so all of our food and drinks are made with natural ingredients and priced under $10. We will be featuring art by local artists and most of it will be priced under $40. In addition to teaching weekly art classes, there will also be a lot of free events like live painting demos, doodle dates, and weekly artist meet-ups.
If you can’t afford the art, Honey Art Café is currently accepting applications.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016