According to Eater Houston, there will soon be a new gallery in town. Why is Eater reporting on this? Because it will also be a café. And an art school.
The café/gallery/art school is expected to open in the fall, but Lulu Lin has run into some unexpected construction costs and have set up a Kickstarter campaign, which states:
We believe great art and great food should be accessible to everyone, so all of our food and drinks are made with natural ingredients and priced under $10. We will be featuring art by local artists and most of it will be priced under $40. In addition to teaching weekly art classes, there will also be a lot of free events like live painting demos, doodle dates, and weekly artist meet-ups.
If you can’t afford the art, Honey Art Café is currently accepting applications.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017