For the past week, Los Angeles gallery Cantor Fine Art has been steadily releasing art-related emojis on their Instagram page. A fair share of the images poke fun at modern and contemporary art—of course, making a splatter-painted Pollock head and an R.Mutt-signed toilet is just too good to pass up. But not even the greatest of the great are safe: the gallery has released Michelangelo and Vermeer emojis to boot.
Unfortunately, as of now, the emojis are just for show. No one has yet figured out how to hack into the iPhone operating system and guerrilla-insert art emojis—though, that would be a good hacktivist art project. However, since the world just got a Tinder for art, we wouldn’t be surprised if art emojis aren’t too far behind. To see more, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017
- Donald Trump's Renior Painting is a Fake - October 19th, 2017
- Top Five: October 19, 2017 - October 19th, 2017