Earlier today, Hyperallergic reported that a St. Petersburg resident has expressed outrage over the genitalia of a replica of Michelangelo’s David. The resident claimed that David’s nudity “spoils the city’s historic appearance and warps children’s souls.” They then went on:
How could you put this bloke without any trousers on in the center of St Petersburg, next to a school and a church?
As for now, David is left in a sorry state—with a black piece of plastic taped over his genitals. Hey, at least Russia didn’t follow in the footsteps of Pope Pius IX and turn David into a eunuch.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017
- A $2 Million Gift for Upcoming Museum in Dallas - February 16th, 2017