The Walker Art Center puts on great exhibitions but, in 2012, its Internet Cat Video Festival broke attendance records. Since then, the Walker has recreated the festival annually. It even led to the publication of the academic book Cat is Art Spelled Wrong.
This year, the festival, which started in Japan and now includes 29 other venues, will conclude in Dallas on August 24 with an event produced by the Video Association of Dallas at the Texas Theater. There’s still time to submit your adorable and artistic videos!
This year’s curator is Will Braden, director of the existential video series, “Henri, Le Chat Noir,” pictured above. Here are the Dallas guidelines.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017