The Walker Art Center puts on great exhibitions but, in 2012, its Internet Cat Video Festival broke attendance records. Since then, the Walker has recreated the festival annually. It even led to the publication of the academic book Cat is Art Spelled Wrong.
This year, the festival, which started in Japan and now includes 29 other venues, will conclude in Dallas on August 24 with an event produced by the Video Association of Dallas at the Texas Theater. There’s still time to submit your adorable and artistic videos!
This year’s curator is Will Braden, director of the existential video series, “Henri, Le Chat Noir,” pictured above. Here are the Dallas guidelines.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017