Storms and floods have left some soggy messes and tragedies throughout Texas; yesterday, the governor declared a state of disaster across 31 counties. Meanwhile, in Paris (France, that is), the river Seine has burst its banks, reports artnet News.
Yesterday the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay closed early and will remain closed today. Staffs at both museums are hard at work, taking emergency measures to move artwork to higher floors. According to The Telegraph, this is the first time the Louvre has had to evacuate artworks from its underground vaults time since the Second World War.
The waters of the Seine are forecast to continue to rise.
also by Paula Newton
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017