Storms and floods have left some soggy messes and tragedies throughout Texas; yesterday, the governor declared a state of disaster across 31 counties. Meanwhile, in Paris (France, that is), the river Seine has burst its banks, reports artnet News.
Yesterday the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay closed early and will remain closed today. Staffs at both museums are hard at work, taking emergency measures to move artwork to higher floors. According to The Telegraph, this is the first time the Louvre has had to evacuate artworks from its underground vaults time since the Second World War.
The waters of the Seine are forecast to continue to rise.
also by Paula Newton
- Solange Knowles + Donald Judd = Love Songs - August 23rd, 2017
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017