Storms and floods have left some soggy messes and tragedies throughout Texas; yesterday, the governor declared a state of disaster across 31 counties. Meanwhile, in Paris (France, that is), the river Seine has burst its banks, reports artnet News.
Yesterday the Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay closed early and will remain closed today. Staffs at both museums are hard at work, taking emergency measures to move artwork to higher floors. According to The Telegraph, this is the first time the Louvre has had to evacuate artworks from its underground vaults time since the Second World War.
The waters of the Seine are forecast to continue to rise.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017