Well, it seems like massive art fairs are here to stay. There are now so many that art travelers could hop around the globe year-round from convention center to convention center, checking out contemporary art. Seattle held its inaugural fair this past weekend and reported brisk sales and long lines around the block.
But those who are beginning to experience “fair-tigue” can head on down to South Texas for a slightly less surreal event. The city of Edinburg is hosting the “Out of This World!” UFO Conference & Festival on Saturday, August 15. There will be experts in the field of UFOs and the paranormal, some presenting evidence of sightings and crashes near the border and in Mexico. This year’s conference includes a tribute to the 50th anniversary of Irwin Allen’s classic science fiction television series Lost in Space, with a special appearance by Mark Goddard (“Major Don West”).
Tickets are only $30-40, and there is a free “UFO Fiesta” on Friday night at the Edinburg City Hall Courtyard.
Just think of it as a Performance Art Fair and add another stop to your art globe-trotting tour.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017