Houston Community College Southeast is looking for an art appreciation adjunct with a good Idea to take part in their Spring 2015 Artist-in-Residence (AIR) program, which aims to make higher education more relevant to students and faculty by using art as a participatory tool.
The resident artist will get a $3,000 stipend and a $1,000 budget for materials, in addition to the regular pay for teaching one class as a guest artist (for which they need to hold an MFA or MA to meet college credentialing requirements).
Proposals should include a letter of introduction, a project description, a CV, and a PowerPoint with 5-8 images of recent work. Proposals should be emailed to June Woest at SoutheastAIRproject@gmail.com.
Finalists for the residency/teaching gig will be called in for interviews in late November, and a final selection will be made in December. The teaching/residency begins January 20 – May 17, 2015
Hurry! The deadline to submit your great idea is Midnight Monday, Nov. 10!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015